Today is Earth Day.
What are you doing to save the earth?
I thought I would share a recycling project I recently finished. I love to burn candle melts, but hated to throw away the wax when the scent had faded, so I poured the melted wax into a heart shaped mold to cool.
This is how I made these cute favors.
- Cool wax in mold
- Pop wax out of the mold
- Using a small drill, put a hole in the center
- Tie a string in hole
- Stamp design with archival ink onto some tissue paper
- Color with markers
- Cut out as close to the design as you can
- Placed the stamped tissue on top of the wax, then cover with wax paper (hold tightly over top)
- Using heat tool and moving back and forth, heat the area until you can see the design getting stronger (Caution - you don't want the wax to melt too much)
- Removed the wax paper
- Immediately use a nylon stocking to rub over the surface to smooth areas that might have melted
- Apply glitter with finger
- I just finished 63 of these as favors for a banquet later this month. They were easy, taking less than a minute to complete each one after they had been Stamped, cut and colored.