Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Earth Day!


Today is Earth Day.
  What are you doing to save the earth? 
 I thought I would share a recycling project I recently finished.  I love to burn candle melts, but hated to throw away the wax when the scent had faded, so I poured the melted wax into a heart shaped mold to cool.  

This is how I made these cute favors.

  • Cool wax in mold
  •  Pop wax out of the mold 
  •  Using a small drill, put a hole in the center
  • Tie a string in hole
  • Stamp design with archival ink onto some tissue paper
  • Color with markers
  • Cut out as close to the design as you can
  • Placed the stamped tissue on top of the wax, then cover with wax paper (hold tightly over top)
  • Using heat tool and moving back and forth, heat the area until you can see the design getting stronger (Caution - you don't want the wax to melt too much)
  •  Removed the wax paper
  •  Immediately use a nylon stocking to rub over the surface to smooth areas that might have melted 
  • Apply glitter with finger

  • I just finished 63 of these as favors for a banquet  later this month.  They were easy, taking less than a minute to complete each one after they had been Stamped, cut and colored.


No comments:

Post a Comment