"Valentine Bookmark” ******************
Create this corner bookmark to slip
over the corner of a book to mark
the spot where you left off.
One 4" x 4" piece of CTMH Cotton candy cardstock
- One 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" piece of pink B&T from Chantilly
- Scoring Tool
- Paper Cutter
- Scor-Tape™ or other strong adhesive
- Stamps: December Stamp of the Month, or one of choice
- Ink ; Black, Twilight, Cotton Candy, Markers – Cotton Candy, Sweet Leaf
- Papers: Cotton Candy CS, White Daisy CS, Chantilly Paper Packet
- Ribbon: CTMH- retired
· Mark the center of three sides of the 4" cardstock square.
· Place your cardstock square on your scoring tool so two of the marked spots are aligned in one groove.
· Score between the markings.
- Line up the other two markings and create another diagonal score line.
· Add a decorative border to the side without score marks with a punch of choice
· Fold at both score lines.
· Line up the 2 3/4" cardstock square diagonally in your paper cutter.
- Cut the square in half diagonally. You will need both triangles.
· Use one of the triangles on the front of the bookmark and decorate.
· Turn the bookmark over, fold your corners back in and apply tape over them.
· Adhere your second triangle over the flaps. This will keep your bookmark closed.
· If you used ribbon to tie around your bookmark you can cover it up with more cardstock or patterned paper to finish the project so the ribbon won’t get caught between the bookmark and the book pages.